Committee for Montgomery is a broad coalition of community leaders that advocates to the Maryland State Government for Montgomery County’s needs through collective action.
Montgomery County’s shared conscience on public policy.
Our DIRECT Values
• Diverse – We have many different community voices represented
• Informed – We are current on public policy issues in our community
• Respectful – We recognize the right to differing opinions
• Empathetic – We see issues from one another’s perspective
• Curious – We ask questions to seek creative solutions to problems
• Together – We actively work collaboratively
- To promote the social welfare, common good and general welfare of the people of Montgomery County, Maryland.
- To bring together diverse segments of Montgomery County's political and community spectrum to assist the County's elected officials in presenting Montgomery County priorities before the State government and State legislature.
- To develop strategies to obtain additional recognition and support from the State government, legislature and officials for these priorities.
- To encourage information and participation from a broad spectrum of people who live or work in Montgomery County.
- To study and develop positions on legislation and issues important to Montgomery County and to actively work with officials on these matters.
- To develop dialogues and working relationships with similar groups from other jurisdictions.