Committee for Montgomery is a broad coalition of community leaders that advocates to the Maryland State Government for Montgomery County’s needs through collective action.
Montgomery County’s shared conscience on public policy.
Our DIRECT Values
• Diverse – We have many different community voices represented
• Informed – We are current on public policy issues in our community
• Respectful – We recognize the right to differing opinions
• Empathetic – We see issues from one another’s perspective
• Curious – We ask questions to seek creative solutions to problems
• Together – We actively work collaboratively
To promote the social welfare, common good and general welfare of the people of Montgomery County, Maryland.
To bring together diverse segments of Montgomery County's political and community spectrum to assist the County's elected officials in presenting Montgomery County priorities before the State government and State legislature.
To develop strategies to obtain additional recognition and support from the State government, legislature and officials for these priorities.
To encourage information and participation from a broad spectrum of people who live or work in Montgomery County.
To study and develop positions on legislation and issues important to Montgomery County and to actively work with officials on these matters.
To develop dialogues and working relationships with similar groups from other jurisdictions.