The Committee for Montgomery is formed to encourage a recognition that all residents of Montgomery County share common interests and needs that can be met through sound public policy.
- To promote the social welfare, common good and general welfare of the people of Montgomery County, Maryland.
- To bring together diverse segments of Montgomery County's political and community spectrum to assist the County's elected officials in presenting Montgomery County priorities before the State government and State legislature.
- To develop strategies to obtain additional recognition and support from the State government, legislature and officials for these priorities.
- To encourage information and participation from a broad spectrum of people who live or work in Montgomery County.
- To study and develop positions on legislation and issues important to Montgomery County and to actively work with officials on these matters.
- To develop dialogues and working relationships with similar groups from other jurisdictions.