Community. Business. Education.
Committee for Montgomery is a coalition of leaders representing a broad cross-section of Montgomery County business, labor, education, civic and community-based organizations. Our mission is to advocate in Annapolis on issues of importance to Montgomery County and the State. Through our membership, CfM represents more than 250,000 Montgomery County residents.
While its membership is diverse and reflects a broad spectrum of political views, CfM members unite in support of its priorities, which include: education, health, economic, fiscal responsibility and transportation. CfM shapes its state legislative and budget priorities based on its goal of preserving and strengthening Montgomery County as a place to live, work and learn.
Mission and Purpose
The Committee for Montgomery is formed to encourage a recognition that all residents of Montgomery County share common interests and needs that can be met through sound public policy.
- To promote the social welfare, common good and general welfare of the people of Montgomery County, Maryland.
- To bring together diverse segments of Montgomery County's political and community spectrum to assist the County's elected officials in presenting Montgomery County priorities before the State government and State legislature.
- To develop strategies to obtain additional recognition and support from the State government, legislature and officials for these priorities.
- To encourage information and participation from a broad spectrum of people who live or work in Montgomery County.
- To study and develop positions on legislation and issues important to Montgomery County and to actively work with officials on these matters.
- To develop dialogues and working relationships with similar groups from other jurisdictions